[musings of a novice wiccan]
i'm open to encouragement, intelligent discussions and any help that others' may have to offer.
please, if i post anything that is factually incorrect, i would like to know so i can be sure that i am learning the right information.
- Folk Names - Gum Myrrh Tree, Karan, Mirra Balsom Odendrom
- Gender - Feminine
- Planet - Moon
- Element - Water
- Deities - Isis, Adonis, Ra, Marian
- Powers - Protection, Exorcism, Healing, Spirituality
- Ritual Uses - Myrrh was burned to Ra at noon in ancient Egypt, and was also fumed in the temples of Isis.
- Magical Uses - Burned as an incense myrrh purifies the area, lifts the vibrations and creates peace. However, it is rarely burned alone. It is usually in conjunction with frankincense or other resins. Myrrh increases the power of any incense to which it is added.
- Myrrh is also included in healing incenses and sachets, and its smoke is used to consecrate, purify, and bless objects such as amulets, talismans, charms, and magical tools. Myrrh also aids meditation and contemplation. It is often added to sachets, usually with frankincense.
Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs
[Information courtesy of elvenmoon]
- madamespider likes this
- a-faerie-witch reblogged this from wiccan-workings and added:
- 4612identitygxcgbadwarprotection likes this
- a-personal-jab likes this
- bogier likes this
- cosmolust likes this
- lady-of-butterflies reblogged this from wiccan-workings
- nebet-ren likes this
- felis-praecantrix reblogged this from of-opals-and-moonstone
- alpha-centauri likes this
- of-opals-and-moonstone reblogged this from wiccan-workings
- spoopylunari likes this
- kendra30752 likes this
- wiccan-workings posted this